Travelers in the know are increasingly realizing the key to an outstanding trip is partnering with a travel advisor. Travel marketing company MMGY confirms that travel advisor use has risen the last four years. And people who work with advisors such as the staff at Protravel, a member of leading luxury travel agency network Virtuoso®, say trips planned with the guidance of an advisor are better than those organized without them.
Here are six reasons to work with a travel advisor:
1. Personalized planning: Whether you’re the do-it-yourself type seeking validation or want someone else to take the reins, when you collaborate with a travel advisor, your trips will be tailored to your interests and budget. An advisor gets to know your preferences and instinctively anticipates your needs and wishes down to the smallest detail.
2. Global expertise and connections: Not only do Virtuoso travel advisors have extensive personal knowledge of destinations and products around the world, they have relationships with global partners who can help arrange experiences to make a trip truly extraordinary.
3. Value: A Virtuoso advisor has access to the same (and often better) pricing than you can find online. They can secure special perks like complimentary room upgrades, daily breakfast, and other benefits you can’t get on your own. The amenities you’ll receive on a hotel stay alone are valued at more than $500 per stay.
4. VIP treatment: A Virtuoso travel advisor has access behind the velvet rope to experiences you never even dreamed were possible. After all, you can’t VIP yourself, but your advisor can by securing you exclusive entry to events, private tours, and more.
5. Convenience: Planning and booking your own trip would take hours and hours. Even then, it’s like drinking from a fire hose with all the information out there. Travel advisors provide the kind of top-notch service that helps you conserve your most precious resource: time.
6. Peace of mind: In addition to saving you time and money, your advisor is available before, during, and after your trip – so you can relax and have fun. Booking with a Virtuoso advisor means you have support during your travels to assist with any last-minute emergencies. And you’ll also receive a crucial follow-up call after the trip to discover how to improve the experience for the next time.